Today I am selling old British Army METAL BADGE in poor condition. It is 14th LIGHT DRAGOONS Regiment badge from horse harness. The badge is made of brass. Size: 50mm x 65.7mm, weight: 42g. There is inscription: “FOURTEENTH LIGHT DRAGOONS” and German eagle in the center. The crown on the top of this badge was broken and lost. I did not find any maker marks on the reverse side of this badge. The condition and all details you will find in the pictures. It is genuine old item. It is RARE PATTERN of 14th LIGHT DRAGOONS BADGE – probably from 18th Century.
Changes in the name of the Regiment are as follows:-
* 1715: (22nd July) Colonels name up to 1776, e.g. Dormer’s Dragoons.
* 1776: 14th Light Dragoons.
* 1797: 14th (or Duchess of York’s Own) Regiment of Light Dragoons.
* 1830: 14th (The King’s) Regiment of (Light) Dragoons
* 1861: (17th August) The 14th (King’s) Hussars.
* 1922: (1st October) 14th/20th Hussars.
* 1936: (16th December) 14th/20th King’s Hussars.
The 14th Dragoons was raised in 1715 as a cavalry regiment in the British Army. In 1791 the regiment provided an escourt to Her Royal Highness the Prinsess Royal of Prussia. As a mark of gratitude the regiment was authorised to adopt the PRUSSIAN EAGLE as their badge. The Prussian EAGLE insignia disappeard from the regiments headdress but returned in 1922.
” FOURTEENTH LIGHT DRAGOONS ”
THE ONLY METHOD OF PAYMENT IS PAYPAL. I WILL SEND THE ITEM WITHIN 7 DAYS AFTER PAYMENT RECEIVED.
Would look great in any Militaria Collection. 100% genuine !!